LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) Immediate OpeningPosted: 09/19/2023
NATURE OF WORK
A person in this position may perform a variety of participant care duties including those of a technical and skilled nature. This person will supervise all nursing assistants and operate in the framework of strictly defined instructions, rules, and regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the provision of total participant care including activities, exercise and socialization
- Assist in participant assessment to include the following: planning, writing, reviewing and implementing the care plan
- Supervise and/or administer medication to participants as needed
- Write required nurse's notes in alignment with physician's specific orders & funding source requirements
- Record pertinent aberrations and nursing actions in the nurses's notes in a timely manner
- Communicate therapeutically with participants
- Recognize participants' physical, emotional and sociological needs and changes
- Assist in ambulation, transfer and treatment as ordered by the participant's medical physican or therapist
- Arrange transportation to the Adult Day Care Center
- Prepare and assist with food service as needed
- Assist the Director in supervision of adult day care assistants to ensure quality participation
- Educate the participants, caregivers, and other staff members on appropriate participant care and disease processes
- Act as liaison between participants, caregivers, and the medical community (i.e. physicians, therapists, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by the Adult Day Care Director
BASIC TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Florida nursing license required, LPN or RN
- Two-three years of experience in a medical, social or rehabilitative field required
- Two-three years of experience caring for the elderly or disabled preferred
- One year of supervisory experience in a medical, geriatric, social, or rehabililtative field required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to lift and transport clients
- Ability to relate to and interact with the elderly and disabled
- Agency paid pre-employment examination and health screening required to include physician's statement indicating physical fitness to perform required duties and T.B. skin test
- Successful completion of Standard First Aid and Adult CPR training required
- Proficient in use of Microsoft office products
Positions located within the Council on Aging of West Florida, require a valid Florida driver's license, proof of automobile insurance, dependable automobile, drug/alcohol testing, and successful completion of Level II background screening as a condition of employment.
Council on Aging of West Florida is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Hours: M-F, days only, no nights/weekends
SALARY: $22/hour plus excellent benefit package to include health/life/disability insurance, matching retirement plan, paid time off and holiday pay.
APPLY AT 875 ROYCE STREET, PENSACOLA, FL OR ON-LINE AT www.coawfla.org. COMPLETED AGENCY APPLICATION AND RESUME REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION. POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED.