ON-CALL DINING SITE MANAGER Posted: 08/13/2019
NATURE OF WORK
The Community Services Department is under the direction of the Community Services Director. This is a Fair Labor Standards Non-Exempt position. A person in this position acts in accordance with specific plans and instructions established by the Community Service Department. A person in this class performs routine work preparing sites for meals and activities. Every employee is required to adhere to Council on Aging of West Florida policies and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage site for Senior Dining Program, overseeing serving a catered noon-meal to program participants
- Preparation of the dining site, including working with facilities staff to maintain cleanliness and setting up tables and place settings daily
- Maintain food safety standards, including reporting any discrepancies in food delivery and supplies to the Community Services Manager
- Accept donations in the agency’s locked box on behalf of the Council on Aging and deliver to the Community Services Manager weekly
- Oversee reservations, including completion of daily meal order and turning in reservation records weekly
- Complete intake and termination forms for site participants
- Recruit, supervise and complete paperwork for volunteers
- Build rapport and public awareness in the local community
- Oversee site activities, including leading, organizing and promoting, as well as assisting the Activities Supervisor when visiting.
- Attend quarterly trainings and recruit participants for Menu Reviews and Nutrition Advisory Council
- Act with ethics and integrity, maintaining confidentiality and privacy of agency and consumer information
- Responsible for oversight of meals and assisting Meals on Wheels volunteers, if dining site is or becomes a Meals on Wheels pick up location. May also perform duties of a Meals-on-Wheels Driver when required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Good communication, verbal and math skills
- Work experience with a concentration in nutrition and/or activities preferred
- Ability to relate to and interact with the elderly and disabled
- Special understanding of the needs and limitations of the elderly and disabled
- Ability to coordinate and lead activities
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and to complete reports
- Must be a team player
Positions located within the Council on Aging of West Florida, Inc. require a valid Florida driver’s license, automobile insurance, dependable automobile, drug/alcohol screening and successful completion of Level II background screening as a condition of employment.
Council on Aging of West Florida is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
HOURS: M-F, 3 hours/day, no nights/weekends SALARY: $9/hr. plus mileage reimbursement, retirement benefits
Drug Free Workplace
APPLY AT 875 ROYCE STREET, PENSACOLA, FL OR ON-LINE AT www.coawfla.org. COMPLETED AGENCY APPLICATION AND RESUME REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED